The Senate will convene on Tuesday, March 5, 2019, for the 2019 Regular Session.
2018 Organization Session
The Senate convened in Organization Session on November 20, 2018. Senator Bill Galvano of Bradenton was elected Senate President and Senator David Simmons of Longwood was elected President Pro Tempore.
For information on the state response to Hurricane Michael, including important contact information for residents who suffered damages from the storm, please visit FloridaDisaster.org.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
2018 Florida Statutes
The 2018 Florida Statutes have been published and are now available online.
2018-2020 Senate Rules
On November 20, 2018, Senators unanimously adopted rules to govern the proceedings of Senate during the 2018-2020 Legislative Term.
- Statement from Senate President Bill Galvano Regarding Medical Marijuana Legislation January 17, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Gary Farmer Files Legislation to Authorize Smokable Medical Marijuana January 17, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Farmer
- Statement from President Galvano Regarding Governor DeSantis Appointing Judge Robert Luck to the Florida Supreme Court January 14, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office
- Statement by Florida Senate President Bill Galvano Regarding the Pardoning of the Groveland Four January 11, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office
- Memorandum Regarding Executive Suspensions (pdf) January 11, 2019 - Publication by President's Office
- Senate Democrats See Storm Clouds Gathering as Talk of Health Care “Reforms” Begins in Tallahassee January 11, 2019 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senate Democratic Leader Audrey Gibson Applauds Groveland Four Pardon January 11, 2019 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senate Democratic Leader Audrey Gibson Seeks Details On Governor’s Water Policy Proposal January 10, 2019 - Press Release by Minority Office