HB 5011 — State Information Technology
by Appropriations Committee and Rep. Grimsley
This summary is provided for information only and does not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
Prepared by: Budget Committee (BC)
This bill provides for the following:
- Creates the Agency for State Technology within the Executive Office of the Governor under the Governor and Cabinet.
- Eliminates the Agency for Enterprise Technology and transfers all resources and records to the newly created Agency for State Technology.
- Transfers the management oversight responsibility of the Northwood and Southwood Shared Resource Centers from a board of trustees to the Agency for State Technology.
- Repeals email as a state enterprise activity.
- Appropriates 16 positions and $1,847,866 in General Revenue to operate the newly created Agency for State Technology.
If approved by the Governor, these provisions take effect July 1, 2012.
Vote: Senate 39-1; House 117-0