The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/CS/HB 247 — Paper Reduction
by Local and Federal Affairs Committee; Government Operations Committee; and Rep. Nelson (CS/CS/SB 1352 by Appropriations Committee; Community Affairs Committee; and Senator Ring)
This summary is provided for information only and does not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
Prepared by: Ethics and Elections Committee (EE)
CS/CS/HB 247 amends the voter registration application to have a blank in which an applicant can provide his or her email address and space in which to indicate if the voter would like to receive a sample ballot via email. The bill authorizes the Supervisor of Elections to send the sample ballot via email at least 7 days before the election. The bill requires county ordinances, amendments, and emergency ordinances to be submitted to the Department of State electronically. Additionally, CS/CS/HB 247 permits electronic transmission of the following documents:
- Decisions of a value adjustment board may be sent to the property appraiser and the taxpayer, if the taxpayer selects electronic delivery on the originally filed petition;
- Notice of proposed property taxes;
- Certain tax exemption renewals;
- Notice of intent to deny certain tax exemptions;
- Bail bond surety affidavits stating the consideration for the bond;
- Notice of forfeiture of a bail bond;
- Orders and notices concerning unpaid bail bond forfeitures converted to a judgment; and,
- Executed Certificate of Cancellation of a cancelled bail bond being sent to a surety.
If approved by the Governor, these provisions take effect October 1, 2013.
Vote: Senate 39-0; House 119-0