The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m., on Wednesday, March 27, 2019, or Upon the Call of the President.
2019-2020 General Appropriations Act
The Senate’s proposed budget increases K-12 education funding by $1.1 billion, increases the total state investment in Hurricane Michael recovery to $1.8 billion, invests $656 million in water quality and protection, and replenishes reserves to $3.4 billion in total state reserves.
Hurricane Michael Recovery
The Senate’s proposed budget includes comprehensive long-term recovery funding that brings the total state investment in Hurricane Michael Recovery to $1.8 Billion.
The 2019 Legislative Session
The 2019 Regular Session of the Florida Legislature began on Tuesday, March 5, and is scheduled to conclude on Friday, May 3.
2018 Florida Statutes
The 2018 Florida Statutes have been published and are now available online.
2018-2020 Senate Rules
On November 20, 2018, Senators unanimously adopted rules to govern the proceedings of Senate during the 2018-2020 Legislative Term.
- Senate Budget Prioritizes Education and Hurricane Recovery, $3.4 Billion Total Reserves March 22, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senate Budget Elevates Hurricane Michael Recovery to $1.8 Billion Total State Investment March 21, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office
- Dignity Florida Delegation Press Conference at State Capitol March 19, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Pizzo
- Senator Debbie Mayfield Files Clean Waterways Act March 15, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Mayfield
- Senator Dennis Baxley and Fetal Heartbeat Bill Co-Sponsors to Participate in Right to Life Press Conference March 13, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Baxley
- Memorandum: Update on Executive Suspensions (pdf) March 6, 2019 - Publication by President's Office
- Comments by Senate President Bill Galvano Regarding the Opening Day of the 2019 Legislative Session March 5, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Debbie Mayfield Files Consumer Protection Legislation March 1, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Mayfield