The Senate will convene on Tuesday, March 5, 2019, for the 2019 Regular Session.
The Florida Senate wishes you and those you cherish a joyful and blessed holiday season.
2018 Organization Session
The Senate convened in Organization Session on November 20, 2018. Senator Bill Galvano of Bradenton was elected Senate President and Senator David Simmons of Longwood was elected President Pro Tempore.
For information on the state response to Hurricane Michael, including important contact information for residents who suffered damages from the storm, please visit FloridaDisaster.org.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
2018 Florida Statutes
The 2018 Florida Statutes have been published and are now available online.
2018-2020 Senate Rules
On November 20, 2018, Senators unanimously adopted rules to govern the proceedings of Senate during the 2018-2020 Legislative Term.
- Memorandum Regarding the Executive Suspension of Dr. Brenda Snipes (pdf) December 13, 2018 - Publication by President's Office
- Senate Democratic Leader Audrey Gibson To Governor-Elect Ron Desantis: “As A Constitutionalist, You Should Know Better.” December 13, 2018 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senator Linda Stewart Files Legislation To Lift Barriers On Rape Prosecutions December 6, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senator Hutson Files Dorothy L. Hukill Financial Literacy Act December 3, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Hutson
- Senate Democrats Begin Process to Reform Florida’s Troubled Judicial Nominating Process November 30, 2018 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senator Perry Announces Alachua County Legislative Delegation Meeting November 30, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Perry
- Memorandum Regarding Committee Structure and Assignments (pdf) November 26, 2018 - Publication by President's Office
- Senator Bill Galvano Unanimously Elected Senate President November 20, 2018 - Press Release by President's Office