The 2019 Regular Session has adjourned Sine Die.
2019-2020 General Appropriations Act
The balanced budget for fiscal year 2019-2020 increases K-12 education funding by $783 million, increases the total state investment in Hurricane Michael recovery to $1.8 billion, invests $686.8 million in water quality and protection, and replenishes reserves to $3.4 billion in total state reserves.
HB 7123 offers tax savings for families preparing for the upcoming Hurricane Season and the 2019-2020 School Year, lowers the business rent tax, and provides tax relief benefits for hurricane recovery.
Hurricane Michael Recovery
The 2019-2020 General Appropriations Act includes comprehensive long-term recovery funding that brings the total state investment in Hurricane Michael Recovery to $1.859 Billion.
2019 Bill Summaries
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2019 Legislative Session are available on the 2019 Bill Summaries page.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
2018-2020 Senate Rules
On November 20, 2018, Senators unanimously adopted rules to govern the proceedings of Senate during the 2018-2020 Legislative Term.
- Senate Democratic Leader Audrey Gibson: “Governor Desantis, Republicans Have Officially Turned Their Backs On Florida’s Immigrant Community” June 14, 2019 - Press Release by Minority Office
- The Mayfield Minute: Space Congress (pdf) June 10, 2019 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- The Mayfield Minute: District 17 with Senator Debbie Mayfield (pdf) June 3, 2019 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- Senator Perry Thurston, Representative Anna V. Eskamani Seek State & Legislative Probes into NRA Lobbyist’s Alleged Flouting of State Law May 30, 2019 - Press Release by Minority Office
- The Mayfield Minute: 2019 Florida Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday May 31 – June 6 (pdf) May 28, 2019 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- Senator Linda Stewart to File Legislation Countering Violations of Women's Constitutional Right to Privacy May 24, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- The Mayfield Minute with Senator Debbie Mayfield (pdf) May 20, 2019 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- Legislation to Create New Multi-Use Infrastructure Corridors Signed Into Law May 17, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office