The Senate will convene at 9:30 a.m., on Tuesday, March 5, 2019, for the 2019 Regular Session.
2018 Organization Session
The Senate convened in Organization Session on November 20, 2018. Senator Bill Galvano of Bradenton was elected Senate President and Senator David Simmons of Longwood was elected President Pro Tempore.
For information on the state response to Hurricane Michael, including important contact information for residents who suffered damages from the storm, please visit FloridaDisaster.org.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
2018 Florida Statutes
The 2018 Florida Statutes have been published and are now available online.
2018-2020 Senate Rules
On November 20, 2018, Senators unanimously adopted rules to govern the proceedings of Senate during the 2018-2020 Legislative Term.
- Senator Debbie Mayfield Files Legislation to Expand State College Athletic Programs February 13, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Mayfield
- Senate Committee Advances School Safety and Security Legislation February 12, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Baxley Files Fetal Heartbeat Bill February 7, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Baxley
- Senator Debbie Mayfield Files Legislation to Strengthen Basic Patient Protections February 5, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Mayfield
- Legislation Filed to Empower Patients with Option to Reject Opioid Pain Treatment January 31, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Perry
- Memorandum Regarding Innovation in Infrastructure (pdf) January 30, 2019 - Publication by President's Office
- Senator Debbie Mayfield and Representative Chip LaMarca File Coastal Management Legislation January 25, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Mayfield
- Update on Executive Suspensions, Special Master Appointments (pdf) January 24, 2019 - Publication by President's Office