10:00 AM — 12:30 PM
1:00 — 3:30 PM
2018 Florida Statutes
The 2018 Florida Statutes have been published and are now available online.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act
Senate Bill 7026 represents a comprehensive approach to addressing the issues presented by the tragedy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, including firearm and school safety, and community mental health resources.
Excellence in Higher Education
Senate Bill 4 secures the permanent expansion of the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship and includes policy enhancements and funding investments to elevate the prominence of state universities, while preserving access and increasing affordability for Floridians.
Broad-based Tax Relief for Families and Businesses
• Tax Exemptions for Hurricane Recovery
• Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday
• Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday
• Lower Business Rent Tax
The 2018-19 General Appropriations Act
The 2018-19 General Appropriations Act prioritizes investments in K-12 and higher education and sets aside $3.3 billion in total reserves.
2018 Bill Summaries
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2018 Legislative Session are available on the 2018 Bill Summaries page.
- Statement by President Negron Regarding the Passing of Nathaniel Reed July 11, 2018 - Press Release by President's Office
- Statement by President Negron Regarding White House Approval of the Senate Bill 10 EAA Southern Reservoir July 10, 2018 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Linda Stewart Encourages Families With Pets To Avoid Walking Along Shoreline Of Lakes June 29, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senator Linda Stewart Calls on Governor Scott To End Inaction On Seperated Refugee Families June 26, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senator Kelli Stargel announces June Mobile Office Hours June 25, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Stargel
- Senator Hukill Congratulates Class of 2018 Volusia Middle and High School Graduates June 20, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Hukill
- Senator Linda Stewart Doubts New Trump Executive Order Will End Immigrant Familes' Plight June 20, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senate Democratic Leader Oscar Braynon Calls On Governor Scott for Action June 19, 2018 - Press Release by Minority Office