Each district may, in its own name:
(1) Perform all things necessary to secure letters of patent, copyrights, and trademarks on any work products of the district and enforce its rights therein. Each district shall consider contributions by district personnel in the development of trademarks, copyrights, and patents and shall enter into written contracts with such personnel in each trademark, copyright, or patent.
(2) License, lease, assign, or otherwise give written consent to any person, firm, or corporation for the manufacture or use of such district work products, on a royalty basis or for such other consideration as the applicable governing board shall deem proper.
(3) Take any action necessary, including legal action, to protect such district work products against improper or unlawful use or infringement.
(4) Enforce the collection of any sums due to the district for the manufacture or use of such district work products by another party.
(5) Sell any of such district work products and execute all instruments necessary to consummate any such sale.
(6) Do all other acts necessary and proper for the execution of powers and duties conferred upon the districts by this section, including adopting rules, as necessary, in order to administer this section.