2011 Florida Statutes
468.431 Definitions.—As used in this part:
(1) “Community association” means a residential homeowners’ association in which membership is a condition of ownership of a unit in a planned unit development, or of a lot for a home or a mobile home, or of a townhouse, villa, condominium, cooperative, or other residential unit which is part of a residential development scheme and which is authorized to impose a fee which may become a lien on the parcel.
(2) “Community association management” means any of the following practices requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and managerial skill when done for remuneration and when the association or associations served contain more than 10 units or have an annual budget or budgets in excess of $100,000: controlling or disbursing funds of a community association, preparing budgets or other financial documents for a community association, assisting in the noticing or conduct of community association meetings, and coordinating maintenance for the residential development and other day-to-day services involved with the operation of a community association. A person who performs clerical or ministerial functions under the direct supervision and control of a licensed manager or who is charged only with performing the maintenance of a community association and who does not assist in any of the management services described in this subsection is not required to be licensed under this part.
(3) “Community association management firm” means a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, trust, association, sole proprietorship, or other similar organization engaging in the business of community association management for the purpose of providing any of the services described in subsection (2).
(4) “Community association manager” means a natural person who is licensed pursuant to this part to perform community association management services.
(5) “Council” means the Regulatory Council of Community Association Managers.
(6) “Department” means the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
History.—ss. 7, 14, ch. 87-343; s. 1, ch. 89-155; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 142, ch. 94-218; s. 1, ch. 94-350; s. 2, ch. 96-291; s. 1, ch. 2008-28.