2012 Florida Statutes
571.03 Definitions.—As used in this part:
(1) “Department” means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(2) “Person” means an individual, firm, partnership, corporation, association, business, trust, legal representative, or any other business unit.
(3) “Seal of quality” means any word, device, emblem, or symbol adopted by the department for the purpose of identifying and promoting the sale of high-quality agricultural products produced in Florida.
(4) “Reproduce” means to stencil, emboss, print, engrave, impress, imprint, lithograph, or duplicate in any manner or to cause any such acts to be done.
(5) “Agricultural product” includes any fresh or processed horticultural, aquacultural, viticultural, dairy, poultry, apicultural, or other farm or garden product.
(6) “Use of seal of quality” means to imprint a seal of quality on any produce package or container or to attach a reproduction of any seal of quality to any Florida agricultural product package or container of same, or to cause any such acts to be done, for the purpose of identifying any such product in its preparation for market or in any of the various steps in marketing.
History.—s. 1, ch. 63-378; ss. 14, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 220, ch. 71-377; s. 6, ch. 87-367; s. 8, ch. 90-323.