As used in this section and ss. 394.4786, 394.4788, and 394.4789:
(1) “Acute mental health services” means mental health services provided through inpatient hospitalization.
(2) “Agency” means the Agency for Health Care Administration.
(3) “Charity care” means that portion of hospital charges for care provided to a patient whose family income for the 12 months preceding the determination is equal to or below 150 percent of the current federal nonfarm poverty guideline or the amount of hospital charges due from the patient which exceeds 25 percent of the annual family income and for which there is no compensation. Charity care shall not include administrative or courtesy discounts, contractual allowances to third party payors, or failure of a hospital to collect full charges due to partial payment by governmental programs.
(4) “Indigent” means an individual whose financial status would qualify him or her for charity care.
(5) “Operating expense” means all common and accepted costs appropriate in developing and maintaining the operating of the patient care facility and its activities.
(6) “PMATF” means the Public Medical Assistance Trust Fund.
(7) “Specialty psychiatric hospital” means a hospital licensed by the agency pursuant to s. 395.002(28) and part II of chapter 408 as a specialty psychiatric hospital.