2016 Florida Statutes
288.005 Definitions.—As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) “Economic benefits” means the direct, indirect, and induced gains in state revenues as a percentage of the state’s investment. The state’s investment includes state grants, tax exemptions, tax refunds, tax credits, and other state incentives.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Economic Opportunity.
(3) “Executive director” means the executive director of the Department of Economic Opportunity, unless otherwise stated.
(4) “Jobs” means full-time equivalent positions, including, but not limited to, positions obtained from a temporary employment agency or employee leasing company or through a union agreement or coemployment under a professional employer organization agreement, which result directly from a project in this state. This number does not include temporary construction jobs involved with the construction of facilities for the project.
(5) “Loan administrator” means an entity statutorily eligible to receive state funds and authorized by the department to make loans under a loan program.
(6) “Loan program” means a program established in this chapter to provide appropriated funds to an eligible entity to further a specific state purpose for a limited period of time and with a requirement that such appropriated funds be repaid to the state. The term includes a “loan fund” or “loan pilot program” administered by the department under this chapter.
History.—s. 17, ch. 2011-142; s. 10, ch. 2013-39; s. 10, ch. 2013-42; s. 4, ch. 2014-218.