2018 Florida Statutes
191.003 Definitions.—As used in this act:
(1) “Board” means the governing board of a district.
(2) “District” means an independent special fire control district as provided in this act.
(3) “Elector” means a person who is a resident of the district and is qualified to vote in a general election within the local general-purpose government jurisdiction in which the district is located.
(4) “Emergency medical service” means basic and advanced life support service as defined in s. 401.23.
(5) “Independent special fire control district” means an independent special district as defined in s. 189.012, created by special law or general law of local application, providing fire suppression and related activities within the jurisdictional boundaries of the district. The term does not include a municipality, a county, a dependent special district as defined in s. 189.012, a district providing primarily emergency medical services, a community development district established under chapter 190, or any other multiple-power district performing fire suppression and related services in addition to other services.
(6) “Rescue response service” means an initial response to an emergency or accident situation, including, but not limited to, a plane crash, a trench or building collapse, a swimming or boating accident, or a motor vehicle accident.
History.—s. 3, ch. 97-256; s. 72, ch. 2014-22.