2018 Florida Statutes
Chapter 636 PREPAID LIMITED HEALTH SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS AND DISCOUNT PLAN ORGANIZATIONS Entire Chapter
636.044 Agent licensing.—
(1) With respect to a prepaid limited health services contract, a person may not, unless licensed and appointed as a health insurance agent in accordance with the applicable provisions of the insurance code:
(a) Solicit contracts or procure applications; or
(b) Engage or hold herself or himself out as engaging in the business of analyzing or abstracting prepaid limited health services contracts or of counseling or advising or giving opinions to persons relative to such contracts other than as a consulting actuary advising a prepaid limited health service organization or as a salaried bona fide full-time employee so counseling and advising her or his employer relative to coverage for the employer and her or his employees.
(2) All qualifications, disciplinary provisions, licensing and appointment procedures, fees, and related matters contained in the insurance code which apply to the appointment of health insurance agents by insurers also apply to prepaid limited health service organizations and to persons appointed by prepaid limited health service organizations as their agents.
(3) Examination, licensure, or appointment is not required of any regular salaried officer or employee of a prepaid limited health service organization who devotes substantially all of her or his services to activities other than the solicitation of prepaid limited health service organization contracts from the public and who receives no commission or other compensation directly dependent upon the solicitation of such contracts.
(4) As used in this section, the term “salaried” refers to basic remuneration and does not include commissions, bonuses, or any other compensatory measures.
(5) A person registered as a seller of travel under s. 559.928 is not required to be licensed under this section in order to sell prepaid limited health service contracts that cover the cost of transportation provided by an air ambulance service licensed pursuant to s. 401.251. The prepaid limited health service contract for such coverage is, however, subject to all applicable provisions of this chapter.
History.—s. 35, ch. 93-148; s. 488, ch. 97-102; s. 2, ch. 2006-173.