CS/SB 1580: Ad Valorem Taxation [WPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax ; Ring ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bennett
Ad Valorem Taxation [WPSC]; Authorizes tax collectors to accept partial payment of taxes under certain circumstances. Imposes a processing fee on a partial tax payment. Provides a deadline for payment of the remaining balance. Authorizes a tax collector to treat certain underpayment as full payment. Provides for a provision exempting property owned by an educational institution from ad valorem taxation to apply retroactively to January 1, 2005, etc.
Last Action: 6/10/2009 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2009-130
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; General Government Appropriations; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; General Government Appropriations; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00095
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/17/09, 10:30 am, 412-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Community Affairs (444978); YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00162
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Finance and Tax -SJ 00163
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 03/26/09, 1:15 pm, 301-S
• CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00252; CS read 1st time on 04/01/09 -SJ 00262
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00252
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/15/09, 9:45 am, 401-S
• Favorable by General Government Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00412
• Now in Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00412; On Committee agenda-- Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means, 04/21/09, 1:30 pm, 412-K --Not considered
• Withdrawn from Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00485; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00698; Amendment(s) adopted (146878) -SJ 00698; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00698
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00752; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00752
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01171; Read 2nd time -HJ 01171; Read 3rd time -HJ 01171; CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 1 -HJ 01171
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00991
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2009-130
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.