CS/CS/SB 162: Electronic Health Records [SPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Health Regulation ; Ring
Electronic Health Records [SPSC]; Expands access to a patient's health records in order to facilitate the exchange of data between certain health care facility personnel, practitioners, and providers and attending physicians. Deletes the exemption that allows long-term ombudsman councils to have access to certain nursing home patient records. Creates the "Florida Electronic Health Records Exchange Act," etc.
Last Action: 6/16/2009 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2009-172
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Regulation; Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Health and Human Services Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Health Regulation; Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00015
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 03/11/09, 9:30 am, 412-K
• CS by Health Regulation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00164; CS read 1st time on 03/19/09 -SJ 00216; Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Remaining references corrected to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00231; Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/31/09, 2:15 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00293; CS read 1st time on 04/02/09 -SJ 00293
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute); Now in Judiciary -SJ 00293
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/15/09, 3:00 pm, 110-S
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00395
• Now in Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00395; On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Appropriations, 04/20/09, 1:30 pm, 110-S
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00412
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00412
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00585; Amendment(s) adopted (854910, 400398, 169606) -SJ 00585; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00585
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00607; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00607
• In Messages; Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01012
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 01040
• Read 3rd time -HJ 01107; CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 01108
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00837
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2009-172
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.