SB 166: Pub. Rec./Donors' Identification/Public Buildings [EPSC]
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Ring
Pub. Rec./Donors' Identification/Public Buildings [EPSC]; Creates an exemption from public records requirements for information that identifies a donor or prospective donor of a donation made for the benefit of a publicly owned building or facility if the donor desires to remain anonymous. Provides for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption under the Open Government Sunset Review Act. Provides a statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 4/30/2010 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Higher Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/03/09, 2:00 pm, 412-K
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Higher Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 00029; On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/03/09, 2:00 pm, 412-K; Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00140
• Now in Higher Education -SJ 00140
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 03/11/09, 9:30 am, 301-S
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00163
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 00163
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/16/09, 4:00 pm, 110-S
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00412
• Now in Rules -SJ 00412
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 00834; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00877
• Read 3rd time -SJ 01005; Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 01005
• In Messages; Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01323; Read 2nd time -HJ 01323; Substituted for HB 795 -HJ 01323; Read 3rd time -HJ 01323; Passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 01323
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01111
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received, referred to Rules (2009-B) -SJ 00005; (2010 Regular Session) -SJ 00165
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.