CS/CS/SB 340: Sexual Offenders & Predators [SPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Criminal Justice ; Ring ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Crist
Sexual Offenders & Predators [SPSC]; Encourages all public libraries to implement an Internet safety education program for children and adults. Removes residency requirements in statutes relating to computer pornography involving minor children and the transmission of material harmful to a minor be electronic device or equipment, respectively. Requires sexual offenders and predators to provide home telephone numbers and any cellular telephone numbers, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2009 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted CS/HB 115 -SJ 00826; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/HB 115 (Ch. 2009-194) -SJ 00826
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00176
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00025
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/01/09, 1:30 pm, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00293; CS read 1st time on 04/02/09 -SJ 00293
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Remaining references corrected to Judiciary; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00320; Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/21/09, 9:15 am, 110-S
• CS/CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00507; CS read 1st time on 04/23/09 -SJ 00507
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute); Now in Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00507
• Withdrawn from Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00588; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted CS/HB 115 -SJ 00826; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/HB 115 (Ch. 2009-194) -SJ 00826
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.