CS/CS/SB 714: Condominiums [CPSC]
GENERAL BILL by General Government Appropriations ; Regulated Industries ; Jones ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fasano ; Ring
Condominiums [CPSC]; Requires that coverage under a unit owner's policy for certain assessments include at least a minimum amount of loss assessment coverage. Provides an exemption for certain condominiums from installing a manual fire alarm system as required in the Life Safety Code if certain conditions are met. Requires that adequate property insurance be based upon the replacement cost of the property to be insured as determined by an independent appraisal, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2010 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Regulated Industries; General Government Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; Regulated Industries; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00046
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/10/09, 2:15 pm, 412-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Banking and Insurance (292686); YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00164
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 00164; On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/17/09, 3:30 pm, 110-S
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00165; CS read 1st time on 03/19/09 -SJ 00220
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00165
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/15/09, 9:45 am, 401-S
• CS/CS by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00414; CS read 1st time on 04/21/09 -SJ 00417
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00414
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00543; Amendment(s) adopted (799524, 709212, 520052) -SJ 00543; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00544
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00600; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00601
• In Messages; Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01014
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 01035; Substituted for CS/CS/CS/HB 419 -HJ 01036
• Read 3rd time -HJ 01087; CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 2 -HJ 01087
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00837
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received, referred to Rules (2009-B) -SJ 00006; (2010 Regular Session) -SJ 00165
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.