CS/HB 555: Indian River Mosquito Control District
LOCAL BILL by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee ; Mayfield
Indian River Mosquito Control District; Revises powers of board of commissioners relating to employment of certain persons; specifies provisions of law governing election of commissioners & removes obsolete provisions for staggering of initial terms; requires district to pay for surety bonds required of commissioners before they assume office; requires commissioners to elect secretary/treasurer for board; revises per diem & travel expense provisions for commissioners & employees, etc.
Last Action: 6/29/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-243
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 51
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 03/08/11, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 51
• CS by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 211
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 185
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 209
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/17/11, 8:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 260
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 260
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 818
• Read 3rd time -HJ 818
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 1 -HJ 818
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 574
• Referred to Rules -SJ 574
• Placed on Local Calendar, 05/02/11
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 648
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Read 2nd time -SJ 648
• Read 3rd time -SJ 648
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 664
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1002
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-243
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.