SM 954: Parental Rights Amendment
MEMORIAL by Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fasano ; Wise ; Bennett ; Norman ; Dockery ; Storms ; Evers ; Diaz de la Portilla
Parental Rights Amendment; Urges the Congress of the United States to propose to the states for ratification an amendment to the United States Constitution relating to parental rights.
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
• Referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 74
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/09/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• Introduced -SJ 74
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/14/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/14/11, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Not Received
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/22/11, 8:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 270
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/30/11, 3:45 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 323
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 323
• Placed on Consent Calendar, 04/06/11
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 556
• Adopted; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 557
• In Messages
• Requested House to return -SJ 838
• In returning messages
• Reconsidered -SJ 969
• Substituted HM 557 -SJ 969
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HM 557 (Adopted) -SJ 969
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.