CS/HB 997: Juvenile Civil Citations
GENERAL BILL by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee ; Pilon ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Ford ; Glorioso ; Grant ; Metz ; Passidomo ; Perman ; Porth ; Rogers ; Van Zant ; Williams
Juvenile Civil Citations; Requires DJJ to encourage & assist in implementation & improvement of civil citation & similar diversion programs; requires that juvenile civil citation & similar diversion program be established at local level with concurrence of certain persons; authorizes entities to operate civil citation or similar program; requires entity operating program to be selected consultation & agreement with state attorney & local law enforcement agencies, etc.
Last Action: 6/2/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-124
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 87
• Introduced -HJ 87
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/22/11, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 281
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 281
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/28/11, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 368
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 365
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 389
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/07/11, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 590
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 590
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 630
• Read 3rd time -HJ 630
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 630
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 575
• Received -SJ 575
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 701
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1300 -SJ 701
• Read 2nd time -SJ 701
• Read 3rd time -SJ 701
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 701
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1004
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-124
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.