CS/SB 378: Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot
GENERAL BILL by Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Benacquisto
Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot; Authorizes absent uniformed services voters and overseas voters to use the federal write-in absentee ballot to vote in any federal and certain state or local elections, under certain circumstances. Prescribes requirements for designating candidate choices. Provides for the disposition of valid votes involving joint candidacies. Allows for abbreviations, misspellings, and other minor variations in the name of an office, candidate, or political party. Authorizes the submission of multiple ballots under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 227 (Ch. 2011-162) -SJ 585
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Rules (RC)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Rules; Budget -SJ 36
• Subreferred to Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections -SJ 108
• Now in Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections
• On Committee agenda-- Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections, 03/07/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 118
• Introduced -SJ 36
• Now in Rules -SJ 118
• CS by Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections read 1st time -SJ 111
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/05/11, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 408
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 408
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/14/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/15/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 469
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 585
• Substituted CS/HB 227 -SJ 585
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 227 (Ch. 2011-162) -SJ 585
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.