SB 702: Umbilical Cord Blood Banking
GENERAL BILL by Flores
Umbilical Cord Blood Banking; Requires the Department of Health to post on its website certain resources and a website link to specified materials regarding umbilical cord blood banking. Requires the department to encourage certain health care providers to make available to their pregnant patients information related to umbilical cord blood banking. Provides that a health care provider or health care facility and its employees or agents are not liable for damages in a civil action, etc.
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Health Regulation; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 03/09/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 57
• Favorable by Health Regulation; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 185
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 185
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/11, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 235
• Now in Budget -SJ 235
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/31/11, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 323
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 323
• Placed on Consent Calendar, 04/06/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 364
• Read 3rd time -SJ 364
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 364
• Immediately certified -SJ 364
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1012
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Received -HJ 1012
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1064
• Amendment(s) adopted (219963) -HJ 1064
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1123
• Passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1123
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (219963) -SJ 1003
• Passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 1003
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1003
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-154
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.