CS/SB 844: Violations/Probation/Community Control/Widman Act
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Benacquisto ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Richter ; Gaetz ; Fasano ; Norman ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Hays ; Lynn ; Altman ; Bennett ; Montford ; Bogdanoff ; Thrasher ; Detert ; Latvala ; Bullard ; Storms
Violations/Probation/Community Control/Widman Act; Creates the "Officer Andrew Widman Act." Authorizes a judge, after making a certain finding, to issue a warrant for the arrest of a probationer or offender who has violated the terms of probation or community control. Authorizes the court to commit or release the probationer or offender under certain circumstances. Authorizing the court, in determining whether to require or set the amount of bail, to consider the likelihood that the person will be imprisoned for the violation of probation or community control, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 66
• Introduced -SJ 66
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/22/11, 8:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Criminal Justice (722356); YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 235
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 235
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/04/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 322
• Now in Budget -SJ 322
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/13/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/14/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Budget; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 471
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/11
• CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 479
• Read 2nd time -SJ 556
• Amendment(s) adopted (512344) -SJ 556
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 556
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 583
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 583
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1012
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Received -HJ 1012
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1035
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1116
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 1 -HJ 1116
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 851
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 1019
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-38
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.