SB 94: Postsecondary Education Course Registration for Veterans
GENERAL BILL by Fasano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Evers ; Sachs
Postsecondary Education Course Registration for Veterans; Requiring certain Florida College System institutions and state universities to provide priority course registration for veterans; providing eligibility requirements; encouraging certain independent postsecondary educational institutions to provide priority course registration for veterans, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 45 (Ch. 2012-162), CS/CS/SB 922 (Ch. 2012-159) -SJ 965
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Higher Education (HE)
- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations (BHI)
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Higher Education; Budget -SJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 10/03/11, 3:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 111
• Now in Higher Education -SJ 111
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 11/03/11, 10:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 110
• Now in Budget -SJ 110
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations -SJ 109
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations, 01/12/12, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 17
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Budget -SJ 135
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 874
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 874
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 964
• Amendment(s) adopted (398652) -SJ 964
• Substituted CS/HB 45 -SJ 965
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 45 (Ch. 2012-162), CS/CS/SB 922 (Ch. 2012-159) -SJ 965
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.