HB 231: Intergovernmental Cooperation
GENERAL BILL by Horner ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Costello
Intergovernmental Cooperation; Revises definition of "electric utility"; authorizes certain parties to interlocal agreement to conduct public meetings & workshops by means of communications media technology; provides notice requirements; provides definition; provides legislative intent that electric utilities included in revision to definition of "electric utility" may exercise powers & authority granted by ch. 163, F.S.; provides legislative intent that revision is enacted in furtherance of & is consistent with application of Joint Power Act.
Last Action: 4/29/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-164
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 11/16/11, 1:30 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 173
• Now in Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 173
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 12/07/11, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 176
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 176
• Introduced -HJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 01/12/12, 11:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 218
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 218
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 729
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 779
• Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 779
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 702
• Referred to Community Affairs; Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities -SJ 702
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities -SJ 730
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 730
• Substituted for CS/SB 396 -SJ 730
• Read 2nd time -SJ 730
• Amendment(s) adopted (107734, 817216, 839212) -SJ 730
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 768
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 768
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 3 amendment(s) (107734, 817216, 839212) -HJ 1137
• Passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1138
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1138
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-164
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.