CS/CS/HB 233: Substance Abuse Education and Intervention Programs
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Rouson
Substance Abuse Education and Intervention Programs; Provides that probation supervision services for defendants found guilty of certain misdemeanor controlled substance offenses may be provided by licensed substance abuse education & intervention programs; authorizes certain entities providing probation services to provide licensed substance abuse education & intervention programs; requires private entities providing such programs to contract with county & comply with other applicable provisions.
Last Action: 4/16/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-106
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 25
• Introduced -HJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/12/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 227
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 246
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 246
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/16/12, 11:30 am, 404 HOB --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/22/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 1 -HJ 814
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 812
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 796
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 898
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 952
• Amendment(s) adopted (706897) -HJ 952
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 953
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; Budget
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; Budget -SJ 731
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 732
• Substituted for CS/SB 498 -SJ 732
• Read 2nd time -SJ 732
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 769
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 769
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1059
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-106
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.