CS/CS/HB 355: Public Meetings
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Government Operations Subcommittee ; Kiar ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Jenne
Public Meetings; Requires that member of public be given reasonable opportunity to be heard before board or commission takes official action on proposition before board or commission of any state agency or authority or of any agency or authority of any county, municipal corporation, or political subdivision; provides that opportunity to be heard is subject to rules or policies adopted by board or commission; specifies certain exceptions; provides requirements for rules or policies governing opportunity to be heard; provides that compliance with requirements of act is presumed under certain circumstances; authorizes court to assess reasonable attorney fees in actions filed against board or commission; provides that any action taken by board or commission which is found in violation of act is not void; provides that circuit courts have jurisdiction to issue injunctions for purposes of act.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 House - Died pending review of CS
Location: Pending Reference Review
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 36
• Introduced -HJ 36
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 01/25/12, 8:00 am, 306 HOB
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 310
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 304
• Now in Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee -HJ 317
• On Committee agenda-- Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee, 02/03/12, 9:00 am, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 3 -HJ 466
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 467
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/22/12, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 814
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 796
• Died pending review of CS
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.