CS/SB 498: Substance Abuse Education and Intervention Programs
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Lynn
Substance Abuse Education and Intervention Programs; Providing that probation supervision services for defendants found guilty of certain misdemeanor controlled substance offenses may be provided by licensed substance abuse education and intervention programs; authorizing certain entities providing probation services to provide licensed substance abuse education and intervention programs; requiring private entities providing such programs to contract with the county and comply with other applicable provisions, etc.
Last Action: 3/1/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 233 (Ch. 2012-106) -SJ 732
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations (BJA)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 12/07/11, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 112
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 112
• Introduced -SJ 45
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 103
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/19/12, 10:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 252
• Now in Budget -SJ 252
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 268
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 01/31/12, 8:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 300
• Now in Budget -SJ 300
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 556
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 731
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 233 -SJ 732
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 233 (Ch. 2012-106) -SJ 732
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.