CS/HB 591: Archeological Sites and Specimens
GENERAL BILL by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee ; Metz
Archeological Sites and Specimens; Authorizes Division of Historical Resources of Department of State to issue permits for excavation, surface reconnaissance, & archaeological activities on land owned by political subdivision; provides that specified activities relating to archaeological sites & specimens located upon land owned or controlled by political subdivision are prohibited & subject to penalties; authorizes division to impose administrative fine on & seek injunctive relief against certain entities.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Location: In committee/council (GO)
Bill Text: PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations (BTA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 59
• Introduced -HJ 59
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 01/18/12, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 248
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 243
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 261
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 12:30 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 322
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 322
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/08/12, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 572
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 572
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/15/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 622
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 640
• Amendment(s) adopted (120651, 191957) -HJ 641
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 641
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 844
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations; Budget -SJ 844
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.