The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 945: Broadband Internet Service
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Holder ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Williams, T.
Broadband Internet Service; Transfers Broadband Initiative Program from DMS to DEO & revises provisions to promote adoption of broadband Internet service if certain conditions are met.
Last Action: 4/22/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-131
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee; Appropriations Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 92
• Introduced -HJ 92
• On Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 01/17/12, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -HJ 237
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 237
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/01/12, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 455
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 455
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/15/12, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 670
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 661
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 682
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/22/12, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 4 -HJ 738
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 738
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 861
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 914
• CS passed; YEAS 97 NAYS 19 -HJ 915
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 823
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Commerce and Tourism; Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations; Budget -SJ 823
• Withdrawn from Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Commerce and Tourism; Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations; Budget -SJ 1188
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1188
• Substituted for CS/SB 1242 -SJ 1188
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1188
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1188
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1188
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1714
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-131
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.