CS/SB 1120: Department of Business and Professional Regulation
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations ; Jones
Department of Business and Professional Regulation; Deleting a provision that allows the cigarette tax to be paid by affixing a stamp insignia through a metering machine; requiring retail dealers of cigarettes, rather than wholesale dealers, to affix to each such machine, in a conspicuous place, an identification sticker furnished by the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco within the Department of Business and Professional Regulation; deleting a provision that requires an applicant for a real estate license who is not a resident of this state to file an irrevocable consent regarding lawsuits and actions commenced against the applicant; allowing certain high-proof distilled spirits to be distilled, bottled, packaged, or processed for export or sale outside this state, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 693 (Ch. 2012-208), CS/HB 517 (Ch. 2012-61), HB 7087 (Ch. 2012-32) -SJ 1144
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Budget -SJ 90
• Introduced -SJ 90
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 02/02/12, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Budget -SJ 325
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 328
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 743
• Now in Budget -SJ 743
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 750
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 902
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 902
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1143
• Substituted HB 693 -SJ 1144
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 693 (Ch. 2012-208), CS/HB 517 (Ch. 2012-61), HB 7087 (Ch. 2012-32) -SJ 1144
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.