SB 1220: Repeal of Health Insurance Provisions
GENERAL BILL by Garcia
Repeal of Health Insurance Provisions; Deleting a requirement that the Florida Health Insurance Plan’s board of directors annually report to the Governor and the Legislature concerning the Florida Health Insurance Plan; deleting redundant provisions making the implementation of the plan by the board contingent upon certain appropriations; deleting a requirement that the Office of Insurance Regulation of the Department of Financial Services annually report to the Governor and the Legislature concerning the Small Employers Access Program, etc.
Last Action: 3/5/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 4139 (Ch. 2012-93) -SJ 789
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 98
• Introduced -SJ 98
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/19/12, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 252
• Now in Budget -SJ 252
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 268
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 01/26/12, 8:30 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Budget -SJ 279
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 789
• Substituted HB 4139 -SJ 789
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 4139 (Ch. 2012-93) -SJ 789
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.