CS/CS/SB 1366: Education
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations ; Education Pre-K - 12 ; Gaetz ; Lynn
Education; Requiring that the Department of Economic Opportunity prepare, or contract with an entity to prepare, an economic security report of employment and earning outcomes for degrees or certificates earned at a public postsecondary educational institution; providing duties of the State Board of Education relating to the 5-year plan for postsecondary enrollment and the strategic plan that specifies goals and objectives for public schools and Florida College System institutions; requiring that the State Board of Education identify performance metrics for the Florida College System and develop a plan specifying goals and objectives for each Florida College System institution, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7135 (Ch. 2012-195), HB 5201 (Ch. 2012-134) -SJ 920
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Higher Education (HE)
- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations (BHI)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Higher Education; Budget -SJ 147
• Introduced -SJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 01/24/12, 3:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 280
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Higher Education -SJ 280
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12 read 1st time -SJ 289
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 02/09/12, 1:15 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 484
• Now in Budget -SJ 484
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 518
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• Recalled from Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 674
• Now in Budget
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations -SJ 674
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations, 02/28/12, 2:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 743
• Now in Budget -SJ 743
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 753
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 766
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 919
• Amendment(s) adopted (365472, 492296) -SJ 920
• Substituted HB 7135 -SJ 920
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7135 (Ch. 2012-195), HB 5201 (Ch. 2012-134) -SJ 920
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.