CS/CS/SB 244: Motor Vehicles
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations ; Transportation ; Bennett
Motor Vehicles; Citing this act as the "Highway Safety Act"; providing legislative intent relating to road rage and aggressive careless driving; requiring an operator of a motor vehicle to yield the left lane when being overtaken on a multilane highway; revising the number of specified acts necessary to qualify as an aggressive careless driver; providing specified punishments for aggressive careless driving, including imposition of an increased fine; providing that a second or subsequent infraction as an aggressive careless driver requires attendance at a mandatory hearing; requiring the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to provide information about the Highway Safety Act in driver’s license educational materials, etc.
- Transportation (TR)
- Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations (BTA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Transportation; Budget -SJ 26
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 11/01/11, 10:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 11/16/11, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 112
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 112
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 110
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 26
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 100
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations, 01/19/12, 4:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 264
• Now in Budget -SJ 264
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 269
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/27/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 688
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 707
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 1 -SJ 707
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.