CS/HB 463: Weapons or Firearms
GENERAL BILL by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee ; Kreegel ; Brandes ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Broxson ; Burgin ; Caldwell ; Corcoran ; Dorworth ; Eisnaugle ; Gaetz ; Ingram ; Plakon ; Precourt ; Renuart ; Stargel ; Williams, T.
Weapons or Firearms; Provides that otherwise qualified members & veterans of U.S. Armed Forces be issued concealed weapon or firearm license regardless of age in certain circumstances; provides additional methods for taking of fingerprints from such license applicants; provides that members & veterans of U.S. Armed Forces be granted reciprocity regardless of age; prohibits reckless or negligent discharge of firearm in certain locations; provides criminal penalties.
Last Action: 4/16/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-108
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 01/11/12, 3:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 46
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 218
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 211
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/18/12, 9:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 238
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 238
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 01/25/12, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 283
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 283
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 732
• Amendment(s) adopted (733733) -HJ 732
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 788
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 789
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 704
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Criminal Justice; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 704
• Withdrawn from Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Criminal Justice; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 734
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 734
• Substituted for SB 998 -SJ 734
• Read 2nd time -SJ 734
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 772
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 772
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1059
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-108
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.