HB 5003: Implementing the 2012-2013 General Appropriations Act
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Grimsley
Implementing the 2012-2013 General Appropriations Act; Implements 2012-2013 GAA; incorporates by reference certain calculations of Florida Education Finance Program for 2012-2013 fiscal year; authorizes transfer of funds between appropriation categories to fund fixed capital outlay projects for charter schools upon certain approval; authorizes university board of trustees to expend reserve or carryforward balances for establishment of new campus; provides requirements to govern completion of Phase 2 & Phase 3 of DOH's Florida Onsite Sewage Nitrogen Reduction Strategies Study; prohibits any state agency from adopting or implementing rule or policy mandating or establishing new nitrogen-reduction limits under certain circumstances; provides for organizational units called "circuits" & "regions" in DCFS; authorizes AHCA to provide Medicaid prepaid dental health program in Miami-Dade County; authorizes DOC to submit budget amendment for additional positions to operate additional prison bed capacity under certain circumstances; authorizes municipality to expend funds from its special law enforcement trust fund to reimburse municipality's general fund; provides for trust fund loans to state court system sufficient to meet its appropriation; allows funds from State Agency Law Enforcement Radio System Trust Fund to be used for mutual aid buildout maintenance & sustainment & interoperability network; requires DMS to use certain interest earnings to fund administration of MyFlorida.com portal; et al.
Last Action: 4/17/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-119, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1229 (Ch. 2012-84), HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118), SB 1996 (Ch. 2012-127)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 444
• Introduced -HJ 443
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/08/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 535
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 565
• Passed; YEAS 80 NAYS 36 -HJ 566
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to conference -HJ 566
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 545
• Referred to Budget -SJ 545
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 573
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 573
• Substituted for SB 2002 -SJ 574
• Read 2nd time -SJ 574
• Amendment(s) adopted (771958) -SJ 574
• Read 3rd time -SJ 581
• Passed as amended; YEAS 32 NAYS 7 -SJ 581
• The Senate having refused to pass the bill as passed by the House, acceded to the request for a conference -SJ 581
• Immediately certified -SJ 581
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Grimsley (Chair), Aubuchon, Chestnut, Dorworth, Frishe, Holder, Hukill, Jones, Legg, Lopez-Cantera, McKeel, Sands, Saunders, Schenck, Snyder, Weatherford -HJ 899
• Conference Committee appointed: Budget Conference Committee on Budget/Appropriations: Alexander (Chair), Negron (Vice Chair), Bennett (At Large), Gaetz (At Large), Gardiner (At Large), Joyner (At Large), Rich (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Budget Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Bogdanoff (Chair), Evers, Smith, Storms; Budget Conference Committee on Education Pre-K - 12/PreK-12: Simmons (Chair), Detert, Gardiner, Montford, Ring; Budget Conference Committee on Finance and Tax: Norman (Chair), Alexander, Gaetz, Siplin; Budget Conference Committee on General Government/Government Operations: Hays (Chair), Braynon, Bullard, Diaz de la Portilla, Dockery, Jones, Thrasher; Budget Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Negron (Chair), Fasano, Flores, Garcia, Oelrich, Rich, Richter, Sobel; Budget Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Lynn (Chair), Altman, Sachs, Siplin, Wise; Budget Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Economic Development: Benacquisto (Chair), Bennett, Dean, Gibson, Latvala, Margolis -SJ 704
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 1424
• Conference Committee Report adopted (601683) -HJ 1432
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 80 NAYS 36 -HJ 1432
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 1406
• Conference Committee Report adopted (601683) -SJ 1408
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 34 NAYS 6 -SJ 1415
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1716
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-119, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1229 (Ch. 2012-84), HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118), SB 1996 (Ch. 2012-127)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.