CS/HB 5103: School Readiness Programs
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee ; Coley
School Readiness Programs; Revises duties of Office of Early Learning for administration of school readiness programs; revises procurement requirements & requirements for expenditure of funds by early learning coalitions; revises eligibility criteria for enrollment of children in school readiness program & priorities by which children are enrolled; provides for payment of school readiness providers according to calculations of payment rates & sliding fee scales as provided in GAA; deletes provision related to applicability of provisions that conflict with federal requirements; creates School Readiness Allocation Conference; prohibits disenrollment of children enrolled in school readiness program before effective date of this act under certain circumstances.
Last Action: 5/9/2013 House - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Location: Vetoed by Governor
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 274
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 297
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/01/12, 11:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 457
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 452
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 450
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/08/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 531
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 554
• CS passed; YEAS 85 NAYS 34 -HJ 555
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to conference -HJ 566
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 547
• Referred to Budget -SJ 547
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 594
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 594
• Substituted for SB 1974 -SJ 594
• Read 2nd time -SJ 594
• Amendment(s) adopted (742786) -SJ 594
• Read 3rd time -SJ 602
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 602
• The Senate having refused to pass the bill as passed by the House, acceded to the request for a conference -SJ 602
• Immediately certified -SJ 602
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Coley (Chair), Adkins, Clarke-Reed, Fresen, Gaetz, Hager, Kiar, Logan, Smith, Thompson, G. -HJ 899
• Conference Committee appointed: Budget Conference Committee on Budget/Appropriations: Alexander (Chair), Negron (Vice Chair), Bennett (At Large), Gaetz (At Large), Gardiner (At Large), Joyner (At Large), Rich (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Budget Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Bogdanoff (Chair), Evers, Smith, Storms; Budget Conference Committee on Education Pre-K - 12/PreK-12: Simmons (Chair), Detert, Gardiner, Montford, Ring; Budget Conference Committee on Finance and Tax: Norman (Chair), Alexander, Gaetz, Siplin; Budget Conference Committee on General Government/Government Operations: Hays (Chair), Braynon, Bullard, Diaz de la Portilla, Dockery, Jones, Thrasher; Budget Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Negron (Chair), Fasano, Flores, Garcia, Oelrich, Rich, Richter, Sobel; Budget Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Lynn (Chair), Altman, Sachs, Siplin, Wise; Budget Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Economic Development: Benacquisto (Chair), Bennett, Dean, Gibson, Latvala, Margolis -SJ 704
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 1407
• Conference Committee Report adopted (485907) -HJ 1417
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 82 NAYS 32 -HJ 1417
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 1389
• Conference Committee Report adopted (485907) -SJ 1390
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 37 NAYS 1 -SJ 1400
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1716
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118)
• Veto Message received -HJ 8
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.