HB 5201: Postsecondary Education Funding
GENERAL BILL by Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee ; O'Toole
Postsecondary Education Funding; Requires that Auditor General notify Legislative Auditing Committee of any financial or operational audit report indicating that state university or Florida College System institution has failed to take full corrective action in response to recommendations in previous audit reports; revises name of South Florida Community College; requires that each contract or employment agreement, or renewal or renegotiation of existing contract or employment agreement, containing provision for severance pay include certain provisions; requires that BOG adopt regulations requiring universities to enter into consortia & cooperative agreements; provides restriction on transfer of certain funds by state university board of trustees; establishes Adults with Disabilities Workforce Education Pilot Program for specified period in certain counties; establishes Florida Virtual Campus to provide access to online student & library support services & to serve as statewide resource & clearinghouse for technology-based public postsecondary education distance learning courses & degree programs; establishes Degree Completion Pilot Project to recruit, recover, & retain adult learners & assist them in completing degrees aligned to high-wage, high-skill workforce needs.
Last Action: 4/22/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-134, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118), CS/CS/HB 7059 (Ch. 2012-191), HB 7135 (Ch. 2012-195)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 274
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 297
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/01/12, 11:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 8 -HJ 457
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 457
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/08/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 532
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 555
• Passed; YEAS 81 NAYS 37 -HJ 556
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to conference -HJ 566
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 547
• Referred to Budget -SJ 547
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 604
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 604
• Substituted for SB 1992 -SJ 605
• Read 2nd time -SJ 604
• Amendment(s) adopted (547388, 965714)
• Read 3rd time -SJ 613
• Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 613
• The Senate having refused to pass the bill as passed by the House, acceded to the request for a conference -SJ 613
• Immediately certified -SJ 613
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives O'Toole (Chair), Proctor (Co-Chair), Gonzalez (Co-Chair), Ahern, Bullard, Harrison, Nunez, Oliva, Passidomo, Reed, Stargel, Taylor, Trujillo, Williams, A. -HJ 899
• Conference Committee appointed: Budget Conference Committee on Budget/Appropriations: Alexander (Chair), Negron (Vice Chair), Bennett (At Large), Gaetz (At Large), Gardiner (At Large), Joyner (At Large), Rich (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Budget Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Bogdanoff (Chair), Evers, Smith, Storms; Budget Conference Committee on Education Pre-K - 12/PreK-12: Simmons (Chair), Detert, Gardiner, Montford, Ring; Budget Conference Committee on Finance and Tax: Norman (Chair), Alexander, Gaetz, Siplin; Budget Conference Committee on General Government/Government Operations: Hays (Chair), Braynon, Bullard, Diaz de la Portilla, Dockery, Jones, Thrasher; Budget Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Negron (Chair), Fasano, Flores, Garcia, Oelrich, Rich, Richter, Sobel; Budget Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Lynn (Chair), Altman, Sachs, Siplin, Wise; Budget Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Economic Development: Benacquisto (Chair), Bennett, Dean, Gibson, Latvala, Margolis -SJ 704
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 1386
• Conference Committee Report adopted (934497) -HJ 1399
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 77 NAYS 33 -HJ 1399
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 1374
• Conference Committee Report adopted (934497) -SJ 1376
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 1389
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1717
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-134, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118), CS/CS/HB 7059 (Ch. 2012-191), HB 7135 (Ch. 2012-195)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.