HB 7127: School Improvement and Education Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Fresen
School Improvement and Education Accountability; Revises provisions relating to implementation of public school improvement, including use of school improvement plans, corrective actions, intervention & support strategies, & school turnaround options; requires that school districts use specified percentage of Title I funds allocated to Title I schools to meet requirements for supplemental educational services; revises provisions relating to school grading system.
• Introduced -HJ 735
• Referred to Rules and Calendar Committee -HJ 812
• On Committee agenda-- Rules and Calendar Committee, 02/27/12, 4:15 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Rules and Calendar Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 5 -HJ 908
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 908
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1043
• Amendment(s) adopted (127245) -HJ 1043
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1086
• Passed as amended; YEAS 80 NAYS 35 -HJ 1086
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 866
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; Budget -SJ 866
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; Budget -SJ 1169
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1169
• Substituted for CS/SB 1522 -SJ 1169
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1169
• Amendment(s) adopted (237154, 567208) -SJ 1169
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1169
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1169
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 2 amendment(s) (237154, 567208) -HJ 1278
• Passed as amended; YEAS 82 NAYS 31 -HJ 1279
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1279
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-194
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.