HB 7131: Relief/Irving Hoffman and Marjorie Weiss/City of Tallahassee
CLAIMS/LOCAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Julien ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rehwinkel Vasilinda
Relief/Irving Hoffman and Marjorie Weiss/City of Tallahassee; Provides for relief of Irving Hoffman & Marjorie Weiss, parents of Rachel Hoffman, deceased, individually & as co-personal representatives of Estate of Rachel Hoffman, by City of Tallahassee; provides appropriation to compensate them for wrongful death of their daughter, Rachel Hoffman, who was murdered while serving as confidential informant for Tallahassee Police Dept.; provides limitation on payment of fees & costs. CLAIM: $2,400,000
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 847
• Introduced -HJ 847
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1057
• Amendment(s) adopted (077007) -HJ 1058
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1094
• Passed as amended; YEAS 99 NAYS 13 -HJ 1095
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 866
• Referred to Rules -SJ 866
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 952
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 952
• Substituted for CS/SB 44 -SJ 952
• Read 2nd time -SJ 952
• Amendment(s) adopted (545032) -SJ 952
• Read 3rd time -SJ 952
• Passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 4 -SJ 952
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) adopted (525769) -HJ 1189
• Concurred in Senate amendment(s) as amended (545032) -HJ 1189
• Passed as amended; YEAS 107 NAYS 11 -HJ 1189
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (525769) -SJ 1190
• Passed as amended; YEAS 33 NAYS 3 -SJ 1190
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1718
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-268
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.