HB 7135: Postsecondary Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Proctor ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Dorworth ; Gaetz
Postsecondary Education; Provides requirements for planning for system & institution goals & objectives; requires unified state plan to improve STEM education; authorizes BOG to waive or modify regulations or fee requirements or to modify or revoke certain powers or duties; revises general education course requirements; deletes exemption from State Board of Education approval of certain Florida College System baccalaureate degree programs; requires BOG to rank state universities that apply for performance funding & authorizes awards; requires DEO to prepare economic security report of employment & earning outcomes for degrees or certificates earned at public postsecondary institutions.
Last Action: 4/30/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-195, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5201 (Ch. 2012-134)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 967
• Introduced -HJ 900
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1018
• Amendment(s) adopted (220371) -HJ 1018
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1069
• Passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1070
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 866
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Higher Education; Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; Budget -SJ 866
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Higher Education; Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; Budget -SJ 920
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 920
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1366 -SJ 920
• Read 2nd time -SJ 920
• Read 3rd time -SJ 920
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 920
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1179
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-195, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5201 (Ch. 2012-134)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.