CS/CS/SB 120: Condominiums
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Regulated Industries ; Latvala
Condominiums; Allowing condominium units to come into existence regardless of requirements or restrictions in a declaration; extending the amount of time that a clerk of the circuit court may hold a sum of money before notifying the registered agent of an association that the sum is still available and the purpose for which it was deposited; changing the requirements relating to the circumstances under which a declaration of condominium or other documents are effective to create a condominium; revising the conditions under which a developer may amend a declaration of condominium governing a phase condominium; providing for an extension of the 7-year period for the completion of a phase, etc.
Last Action: 6/6/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-122, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 73 (Ch. 2013-188)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 15
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 01/24/13, 10:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 114
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 114
• Introduced -SJ 15
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 106
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/12/13, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 208
• Now in Rules -SJ 208
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/21/13, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 241
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 241
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/27/13
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 243
• Read 2nd time -SJ 264
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 304
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 304
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 969
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Received -HJ 969
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1011
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 175 -HJ 1012
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1055
• CS passed; YEAS 71 NAYS 1 -HJ 1056
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 986
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-122, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 73 (Ch. 2013-188)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.