The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
HB 235: Requirements for Driver Licenses
GENERAL BILL by Bracy ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Dudley ; Rodriguez, J. ; Rogers
Requirements for Driver Licenses; Includes notice of approval of application for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals status issued by U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services as valid proof of identity for purposes of applying for driver license.
Last Action: 5/13/2014 House - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 37
• Introduced -HJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee, 03/27/13, 4:30 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 370
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 370
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/04/13, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 435
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 436
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/09/13, 2:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 2 -HJ 472
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 472
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/13
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 712
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 856
• Amendment(s) adopted (062929) -HJ 856
• Read 3rd time -HJ 856
• Passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 2 -HJ 856
• In Messages
• Referred to Transportation; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 671
• Received -SJ 671
• Withdrawn from Transportation; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 689
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 689
• Substituted for SB 986 -SJ 689
• Read 2nd time -SJ 689
• Read 3rd time -SJ 689
• Passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 689
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 966
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received (2014 Regular Session) -HJ 7
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.