HB 921: Tax Exemptions for Property Used for Affordable Housing
GENERAL BILL by Renuart ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hood
Tax Exemptions for Property Used for Affordable Housing; Deletes ad valorem tax exemption for property owned by certain Florida-based limited partnerships & used for affordable housing for certain income-qualified persons; provides for retroactive application.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 437 (Ch. 2013-83), SB 1830 (Ch. 2013-72)
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 94
• Introduced -HJ 94
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee, 03/13/13, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 243
• Now in Finance and Tax Subcommittee -HJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Subcommittee, 03/20/13, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Subcommittee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 306
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 306
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/28/13, 10:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 373
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 373
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 437 (Ch. 2013-83), SB 1830 (Ch. 2013-72)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.