CS/CS/HB 1223: Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Grant ; Spano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Dudley ; Gaetz ; Rodriguez, J.
Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices; Authorizes civil penalty for person who willfully uses deceptive or unfair trade act or practice against military servicemember or servicemember's spouse or dependent child in certain circumstances.
Last Action: 6/17/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-210
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 118
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 212
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/18/13, 2:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 287
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 283
• Now in Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 305
• On Committee agenda-- Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 03/27/13, 8:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 359
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 359
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/03/13, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 437
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 431
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 443
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 725
• Amendment(s) adopted (611083) -HJ 726
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 822
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 822
• In Messages
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary -SJ 672
• Received -SJ 672
• Withdrawn from Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary -SJ 603
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 603
• Substituted for CS/SB 716 -SJ 603
• Read 2nd time -SJ 603
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 688
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 688
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 968
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-210
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.