CS/SB 1420: Mental Health Treatment
GENERAL BILL by Health Policy ; Sobel
Mental Health Treatment; Authorizing forensic and civil facilities to order the continuation of psychotherapeutics for individuals receiving such medications in the jail before admission; providing timeframes within which competency hearings must be held; revising the time for dismissal of certain charges for defendants that remain incompetent to proceed to trial; standardizing the protocols, procedures, diagnostic criteria, and information and findings that must be included in an expert’s competency evaluation report, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Location: In committee/council (RC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Criminal Justice; Appropriations -SJ 164
• Introduced -SJ 164
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/20/13, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 240
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 253
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 240
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/01/13, 12:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 277
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 480
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 480
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 599
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 685
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 685
• Immediately certified -SJ 708
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 919
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Received -HJ 919
• Read 2nd time -HJ 963
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 317 -HJ 963
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1001
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1001
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 881
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received (2014 Regular Session) -SJ 141
• Veto Message referred to Rules -SJ 159
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.