CS/CS/HB 229: Land Trusts
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Rodriguez, J.
Land Trusts; Providing requirements relating to vesting of ownership in trustee; revises rights, liabilities, & duties of land trust beneficiaries; provides exclusion & applicability; revises provisions relating to land trust transfers of real property & vesting of ownership in trustee; prohibits operation of statute of uses & doctrine of merger to execute land trust or to vest trust property under certain conditions; provides conditions under which beneficial interest is deemed real property; authorizes certain beneficial ownership methods; provides for perfection of security documents; provides that trustee’s legal & equitable title to trust property is separate & distinct from beneficiary's beneficial interest in land trust & trust property; prohibits lien, judgment, mortgage, security interest or other encumbrance against one interest from automatically attaching to another interest; provides that appointment of guardian ad litem is not necessary in certain foreclosure litigation affecting title to trust property of land trust; provides for determination of applicable law for certain trusts; provides applicability relating to UCC financing statements; provides requirements for recording effectiveness; revises & provides scope of Florida Trust Code.
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 36
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/13/13, 2:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 154
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee -HJ 152
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/06/13, 1:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 36
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 146
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 227
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 227
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/20/13, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 332
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c) -HJ 332
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 328
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 346
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 804
• Amendment(s) adopted (506909) -HJ 805
• Read 3rd time -HJ 805
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 1 -HJ 805
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 587
• Received -SJ 587
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 607
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 607
• Substituted for CS/SB 1172 -SJ 607
• Read 2nd time -SJ 607
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 690
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 691
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 966
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-240
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.